Friday, April 13, 2007

Almost there!

Well, everything's here and is being organized on the shelves. I have to run a test on the website and then hope to have it open to the public later this weekend - obviously we didn't make it today.

After being out of the country for four years and getting back here to San Diego *after* the allergy season last year, I had forgotten how bad my allergies are. My boss sent me home from work twice this week. I went to urgent care Monday and was supposed to go back today but didn't make it - will probably go tomorrow. The meds they gave me just aren't working, and when I realized I had used my inhaler 4 times before noon today, it hit me that something just isn't right. I finally have an appointment with my primary care doctor next Thursday also.

I have been in a little bit of a bind when it comes to trying to figure out what I want to stock here. I don't personally know, but feel like I do know, a few people that have similar stores on the internet because of our shared interests at Splitcoaststampers. I am trying so hard to make this something of my own - lest anyone think that I am completely mimicking any one of the other stores. Ugh!!! LOL, that is harder than it looks. Everytime I think I have hit on something new, and get all excited about it, ready to share here that I will be adding "such and such" in the near future, I do a little research and find that one of our other SCSers already has it. LOL, I guess that could just mean I have good taste!

This site is growing out of my love for the craft and hobby. As has always been the case with me, I enjoy sharing that love of mine with others. We have talked for years about beginning a business and being our own bosses - this just seemed to be the logical choice right now. I can't believe how much of an active role Steve has already taken in this, and I know he will do more in the future.

As you have undoubtedly seen, you can see products, but won't be able to purchase yet.

Bear with me - it's my understanding that Rusty Pickle's website crashed a while back and I wasn't able to get all of the web graphics from them that I needed. I have most of them and am still working on getting the rest together....

No comments: